Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Uni Life...

Didn't know I would say this, but suddenly I really feel that being back in school isn't such a good idea actually. Why now after 2years of NS and yearning to return to my books, now that I'm starting school I kinda think that it's tougher being a student than (God forbidden tha I say this) an NSF. School does bring it own sets of complexities and troubles for a returning NS "boy", 2years and 6 months in NS had done much more damage to my memories than I could imagine. What happened to all those physics, maths, & chem stuff that I struggled to cramp into my head before the A lvls?! Die die die, the tutorials are killing me already.

Well next to the "fun" of studying, meeting new friends are definitely another highlight of uni life, and since studies is turning out to be such a killer, I guess this is my 'only' highlight of uni life. As I did not go for any Freshmen Orientation Camp (F.O.C) nor do I stay in hall, the only people I know in uni are my past acquaintances, ex-classmates, ex-platoon mates, ex-chiong suah buddies, mostly guys and yupz the uni system is not that conducive for people to actually make new frens easily. Unlike JC, there's no fix class system where u get to meet up every week or a day with the same set of people and it's pretty hard to form lasting friendship this way. Hopefully once I started joining a CCA this situation will improve. Well not that I am very poor off now, I am really glad that there's still alot of good friends around me that I can hangout with, it's just that these friends are also meeting new people, making new friends and expanding their social circles, and naturally they have to spend time with their new friends, so we'll have less time be hangout too.

I believe that there is no point in harping about problems without actually facing them and overcoming them. So here's what I planned to make my uni life more interesting and exciting in the days to come:

1) Spend 2hours each day doing tutorials, 1 hour reading lecture notes in advance. (Well how interesting u'll probably say, but I believe that once you get better in what u are doing, u will feel more confident and more interested in pursuing them, going for better results. Yupz, I'm gonna make (force) myself like studying more!

2) Pack my free time with gym/ running/ swimming sessions. (When you get fitter, your body works better, the mind feels fresher and u'll feel good naturally. And what a healthier way to relieve all the fatigue (stress) from all the studying.)

3) Visit my all friends staying in halls, for catching up. (To expand my personal network. People will link us to more people, friends can link me to their friends, and I will know more people around. Also having good communication do good to our spiritual well being and fulfills our emotional needs)

0 comments: