Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Oversleeping, Overeating, Overspending...
Oh what a Sinful Day

This was my bed for yesterday... Dun be misled by e appearance, it's really quite comfy...
Courtesy of my "Bra"dder, Mr Yeo Cheng Yao.

Still early go back to get some more slp 1st... So comfy dun waste...
Time is 12.45pm, 15 Feb 2005.


Look @ the time now... 1406hrs...


Bra, still DOTAing!?!! Haven't even got changed...
How are u gonna make it to Orchard by 1430hrs?? (Our original meeting time with Yifeng)




Alamak, so sorry to my bros.. Few weeks ago I told my grandaunt and granduncle that I'm free today, and I wanna give them a treat today, and I suggested that we go Sakae Sushi for Lunch.. Thinking (wishfully) that we're gonna be eating at Wheellock place's Sakae Sushi, so I asked (ok perhaps abit more like to pleading lah) my bros to bring me go along with them to shop in town, Yifeng wanted to get a coat from Zara, while my agenda included a slingbag from ZINC to go along with my former wear for Sundays when I need to serve in the usher ministry.

[Note: If u happen to be at EXPO on a sunday morning, u'll probably notice alot of teenagers, youth in pants and shirts, wearing like business excutives but with the coloured hair/ ear rings and hair styled like one of those taiwanese pop idol u see on tv betraying their youthful exuberance. They will probably be greeting and smiling at u and pointing u to EXPO Hall 8 or directing the traffic. Yes, these are the CHC Ushers, just like yours truly here.]

Well things don't always turn out the way u plan in real life (that's why there's the Murphy's Law). As things turned out, my grandaunt called and arrranged to meet at west mall instead, at 4pm. How to be at Orchard at 2.30pm and turn up at West Mall at 4pm.. So then I went West Mall to meet my grandaunt and granduncle, leaving my brothers to shop without me at Orchard (of course it took quite alot of internal struggle to for me to finally decide to abandon my bros. Ah-ber-than, I dun wanna pang seh u all unless I really can't help it!!) Cause I figured that I do really spend very little time with my lovely grandaunt & granduncle, who brought me up, I gave them the priority. As things turn out, Tuck oso cannot turn up, leaving Yifeng n Cheng Yao(bra aka B.O.S) (Murphy's Law strikes again. :p) As it turn out Tuck was given a tipped-off that the camp may call to check him at home, as he's on MC today (poor guy) , so he can't turn up too..


Haha, surprise surprise, there's a ZINC outlet here in West Mall too!! I went in to shop, little did I know I spent the next 45 minute here (wah lau feel abit like a za bor shopping sia). Took out 1 after another bag to try in front of the mirror, finally decided on the one u see on e left. (Oei, dun tell me it doesn't look nice, cause I think so too! I LIKE it can?!) Wah kao, wasted an extra $3.60 on the bag. Y? Cause yday Bin Juan wanted to lend me her ZINC member card (10% off!!) but I told her to pass it to Tuck (the conifinee) instead, thinking I would meet him today (as Yifeng would probably says "Ah Yang Ni3 Fan4 Jian4 lor")

My new bag from ZINC, $35.90, no discount.


Tea Time Buffet @ Sakae Sushi, West Mall.

Time: 1600hrs
End-of-Meal..
Time: 1715hrs

Grandaunt Betty : )

My lovable Grandaunt Betty & Granduncle Charlie and Me..
(Actually we're already struggling to even sit properly, apparently overate..)


30 plates of sushi + deserts + 3 green tea + ice cream + fruits + 2 bowls of udon
Total Bill: $55.09

Pretty worth it I would say (at least got back my $ worth :P )


SPECIAL feature:


Murphy's Law

1. Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.
2. You will always find something in the last place you look. (Unless u carry on searching. That of course is simply fan4 jian4)
3. No matter how long or how hard you shop for an item, after you've bought it, it will be on sale somewhere cheaper. (Just stop looking!)
4. The other line always moves faster.
5. In order to get a loan, you must first prove you don't need it.
6. Anything you try to fix will take longer and cost you more than you thought.
7. If you fool around with a thing for very long you will screw it up. (fan4 jian4!!)
8. If it jams - force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
9. When a broken appliance is demonstrated for the repairman, it will work perfectly. (true, OCTs always come to us with perfectly working signal sets, esp in Brunei.)
10.Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will use it.
11.Everyone has a scheme for getting rich that will not work.
12.In any hierarchy, each individual rises to his own level of incompetence, and then remains there.
13.There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over.
14.When in doubt, mumble. When in trouble, delegate. (aka shooting arrows or da taichi)
15.Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral or fattening.
16.Murphy's golden rule: whoever has the gold makes the rules.
17.Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.
18.A Smith & Wesson beats four aces.
19.In case of doubt, make it sound convincing.
20.Never argue with a fool, people might not know the difference.
(1 of Tuck's famous lines. Ok BinJuan, Lijin, Lijia we shan't argue with u sisters)

0 comments: