Wednesday, August 09, 2006


Happy Birthday SINGAPORE


Happy 41st birthday Singapore!! Wee, it's been a loooooong time since I watched the National Day parade on TV, and coincidently it's been quite a long time since I've blogged, well don't they always say "good things" come in pairs =P


I think that this year's national day parade was really well done, especially the video they showed midway through the parade. I can't help but feel a deep sense of pride for being a Singaporean, seeing how Singapore had developed from a small British abandoned colony to a World Class City, and despite the flaws and shortcomings our society holds, I cannot help but marvel at the progress the nation made over the past 41 years. It's embarassing but I've to admit I nearly cried when I saw that footage on TV..

So tell u what I am going to do today, my new resolution is to MEMORISE the Singapore national pledge. (I'm too ashamed to say this, but just 24hrs ago I can't even recite the national pledge. Oh well I still can recite it back in my JC days, it's not like I didn't know it BEFORE ok, man back in my sec school days we used to recite it in chinese too, how many people in Singapore can claim that! So stop judging me, all u self-righteous sgporeans)

And here after 5 min of practise, I've finally pieced my broken memories together and here I'm proud to present you, the SINGAPORE National Pledge:

We the citizen of Singapore, pledge ourselves as one united people, regardless of race, language or religion, to build a democratic society, based justice and equality, so as to achieve happiness, prosperity and progress for our Nation.

(This is done w/o refering back to my primary school textbook, it's all actually still in the back of my head k!! Well done GLK..)

Fireworks displays during NDP (grand finale)

0 comments: